acura forums   acura forums

Go Back   Acura Forum > Acura Forum (Acura Cars) > Acura RL and RLX Forum

Notices

Acura Forum: Oil Pan Leak

Old 01-14-2012, 08:49 PM

Default Oil Pan Leak

I own a 2001 RL with 187,000 miles on it. The car has been great, I take excellent care of it and hope to keep it more many more miles.

Recently, I noticed an oil leak and was told by my mechanic that the leak originates from the oil pan. I realize this is a labor intensive repair but the quote of $1100.00 seems high to me. I live in MA.

Does that price seem high to you? I've been taking the car to the same shop for 4 years and they have been honest in the past.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

lose weight
Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Kicsc
Default #category from Heenc

Good post. I learn something tougher on completely different blogs everyday. It's going to all the time be stimulating to read content from different writers and practice somewhat something from their store. Iíd want to use some with the content on my blog whether you donít mind. Natually Iíll provide you with a link in your net blog. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 PM

My 00 RL has an oil leak that I was told was the rear main seal. I have been quoted $600 from two mechanics. One is a Acura mechanic who does jobs on the side for 1/2 labor rate so your price might be in line with what a shop charges.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:08 AM

I think the price is high. You may want to ask for second opinion for it. Or if you are a grease monkey this would be a good diy session.