acura forums   acura forums

Go Back   Acura Forum > Acura Forum (Acura Cars) > Acura RL and RLX Forum

Notices

Acura Forum: Thinking to buy an RL. Need suggestions

Old 07-14-2011, 07:45 PM

Default Thinking to buy an RL. Need suggestions

Hi all,

I originally owned a '01 Mercedez Benz CLK430 and recently switched to 01 Lexus GS430 since I am looking for a smooth quiet ride. Bought this GS July last year with only 41K miles. It now has 55K miles. Before I bought this GS I did research, but obviously not enough. Everyone said it is the car to own and keep, but ever since I had it, it never drives right....after more and more research it seems like the suspension system for this GS is somewhat a flaw plus many other small defects….I’ve been struggling to get my car and have spent too much money on it….Comes find out many other member (from clublexus) experience this same problem. The sad part is, some still haven’t gotten it fixed after lots and lots of money…..

Anyway I am thinking to switch to Acura RL 2nd. I don't want to make a same mistake again, so before I buy it I am trying to do this research.

For those who owns RL 2nd (or even 1st) gen, can you tell me:

How is the car driving (smooth, quiet, or rough)?
Are there any known problems out there for this car?
What should I look for or avoid when buying it?
Is there certain year model(s) I should stay away from?
Is there any flaw in design?

Again I am looking for a quiet, smooth (some called “boring”) ride, so all stock and no mods (I’ve done with this mod thing before with my CLK and no more)

So please give me honest feedback before I make this decision.

Thanks in advance for your help
HT

lose weight
Old 12-30-2011, 11:26 PM

Default Acura RL

This is a good vehicle, we have had one sine 06, two problems, one is the rear shade motor went crazy and the other is a rattle in the right side of the dash, Acura has been looking into both, no word on a fix as of yet ? Other problem they have is with the auto door opener on the door handle, they have a bullentian out on it, it does not work in the rain, go tell. Other than that it get's 30 plus MPH on a long run at 70 MPH, in town 18 to 20, all wheel drive is great, yest it is quite.