acura forums   acura forums

Go Back   Acura Forum > Acura Forum (Acura Cars) > Acura TSX Forum

Notices

Acura Forum: Battery drain issue solved? - 2012 TSX

Old 06-26-2017, 12:41 PM

Default Battery drain issue solved? - 2012 TSX

The first issue I had with the battery was when it was 2 years old. I brought it in for regular service and they told me the battery was bad and they would replace it under warranty. I hadn't even had any issue with the car yet.

Fast forward 3 more years and the car wouldn't start, and the headlights turned into strobe lights. Luckily it was in my garage and I was able to charge the battery and it started. I brought it to Acura and they said the battery and alternator were fine. They even checked the Handsfree Link module and said there was no battery drain. I monitored the battery voltage everyday for a week and didn't notice any drop.

Fast forward 6 months and this time my wife got stuck with the car a few hours from home with the same issue. She got it jump started and drove back home. She had mentioned to me in the past that occasionally the rear window wouldn't go back up right away, but eventually it would. I didn't pay much attention to this. But the night she got stuck, she said all the windows worked except the driver's window. It wouldn't go up at all. This time I wasn't going to take any chances with Acura telling me the battery was good. I bought a brand new Sears Die Hard battery. I also made an appt. with Acura to have them look into the power window issue. Sure enough, they told me there was a short circuit in the master power window switch. Thankfully, we bought the extended warranty, because it would have cost $500.

It seems like the short kept draining the battery and eventually killing the battery prematurely.

Hopefully the issue is solved. But only time will tell.

lose weight

Tags
battery, drain, windows