acura forums   acura forums

Go Back   Acura Forum > Acura Forum (Acura Cars) > Acura TL and TLX Forum

Acura Forum: If you have paid to update your Acura TL Navigation System, was it worth it?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Default If you have paid to update your Acura TL Navigation System, was it worth it?

I just bought a 6 year old TL. After having used a Nuvi portable navigation system that is less than a year old, this seems VERY archaic.

Is it worth it to update it? I live in an area where there has been a lot of new construction, both residential and commercial. In fact the street where we live isn't on the map. Additionally, there is an entire subdivision of over 1,000 houses that is non-exsistent on the map, as well as a 5 mile stretch of retail that it can't "find" because it wasn't there 6 years ago when the car was originally programed.

I do travel some for business, but at I mentioned, I have my Garmin as a back up if I'm traveling. I didn't think it would be that much to update it (maybe $100), but the DVD is $185, plus another $10-$20 for shipping. Is it worth the cost

lose weight
Old 05-08-2009, 11:09 AM

I almost bought the updated Nav dvd when it was on sale a few months ago-$149.00+shipping. I decided not to as I am getting a new car next April. I will deal with the nav I have. You could always wait for another sale-
Old 05-30-2017, 04:06 PM

Not worth it. I got it and wish I wish didn't. I see no difference. I und re r as tand that if one is routinely making long distance trips, or loca l highways are undr rgoinga lot of change it will help. I purchased it hoping the software for destinations would improve but no same old input.